ISM Security is currently recruiting for Full Time and Part Time Security Officer(s) to work at a retail setting in the Humboldt Park area. We are looking for unarmed and armed security.
Started in 1974, ISM Security is one of the largest privately-held security services providers in the Northwest Indiana area and we are growing! Join a leading company in one of the fastest growing industries.
Responsibilities of Armed Security Officers include, but are not limited to:
• Provide excellent Customer Service to all parties encountered while on duty, including assisting with directions and general business information
• Control access for patrons, visitors or vendors as required
• Monitor security guard cameras and conduct patrols to guard against theft and maintain a safe environment
• Maintain clear, accurate logs pertaining to people or property and record data on incidents for building and ISM Security Management
• Respond to incidents, including emergencies at the property, with the appropriate level of force while following established protocol
• Maintain proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications of Armed Security Officers:
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 year experience as a security officer or in a directly related position.
• Able to acquire and maintain valid Illinois PERC, Driver’s license, state ID, Armed certificates, FOID card
• Able to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Able to meet physical essential functions of the job, which can include lifting 50+ lbs, completing foot patrols, walking up and down stairs, working in inclement weather
Preferred Qualifications of Armed Security Officers:
• Bi-lingual considered a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
Pay and Benefits for Armed Security Officers:
• Hourly rate of $17.00 - $22.00 based on experience
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Medical and Dental insurance and Retirement benefits
• Opportunities for career growth and promotion
• Skills-enhancing training